Blogger Wordpress Gadgets

Thursday 30 April 2015

Good Food Show Harrogate



Good Food Show Galavanting





I was lucky enough to get a 'pass out'
the other weekend and
off I went with my lovely friend Sheena,
for an adventure on the train down to Harrogate,
to see James Martin and visit the
 Good Food Show.



What a lovely day we had.

It started with an early departure from Durham station.
I was surprised just how busy the
station was for a sunny, Sunday morning.

(I think most of the other travellers were headed to the same destination as us.)
It was a lovely journey down.
A chance to chat and catch up on things.
Sheena and I work together but she has been away on maternity leave
for what feels like forever,
so it was great to while away the time hearing all about things.



We arrived at Harrogate mid morning,
and after a little stroll down from the station to the exhibition centre,
(of course, it had started to rain by the time we did arrive,
so it was perhaps more of a scurry than a stroll,)
it was time for the fun to begin.



It was the first time I had visited the exhibition centre but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the venue itself
and the very good organisation of the day.
Plenty of well furbished toilets, staff very friendly and helpful, etc.
Altogether a far better experience than some of the places we
have visited in recent years.


magnificent meringues


The lay out at the show was pretty much the same as it always it -
A plethora of stalls selling their wares.
Everything from kitchen appliances to tasty morsels,
and plenty of scrumptious samples to try.



The absolute highlight of the whole day was the delicious
JAMES MARTIN.



We stumbled into him at the tail end of a book signing.


Sheena 'brushed' past his arm whilst heading to an interview session.
Yes, she actually made contact with his arm.
She will be forever a happy girl.


The final cherry on the cake was sitting front row at
James' cooking demo.

I have to confess I paid no attention to what he was cooking.
I sat there in a trance, 
 hanging on his every word throughout the entire
thirty minutes he was on stage,
and can't actually remember what he said!!



All told we had an amazing,  
fun day and I can't wait for the next one,
(probably next year).



Until next time,

enjoy your day!





x

2 comments:

strawberrypatches said...

That sounds like my idea of a lovely day out. Friends, food and James Martin. What more could a bakie girl ask for? Well maybe a quick crochet on the journey home!

BNBowner said...

If you loved the Good Food Show you might like the new event in June - Cake and Bake http://www.thecakeandbakeshow.co.uk/harrogate 19th to the 21st.