Blogger Wordpress Gadgets

Monday 21 October 2013

Cloud Babies Come to Stay

 
Little B's Birthday
 
 
 
 
It has been a fun packed (and very busy) time recently.
 
Little B was two last week, and we had a wonderful birthday tea party to celebrate his special day.
 
Family members came to see us and we had a lovely Sunday afternoon.
 
Little B is very fond of the Cbeebies show Cloud Babies, so it seemed very fitting to use this as the theme for his birthday cake.
 
I used a basic sponge recipe, filled with vanilla buttercream and then decorated with coloured fondant.
 
The characters on top of the cake were the plastic figurines you can buy from the show,
which Little B was desperate to get his little fingers on,
but I managed to keep him away from them  at least until the candles had been blown out.
 
 
 
 
He thoroughly enjoyed his special day.
 
I watched his little face light up with every birthday present he was given, and the excitement grew as the day progressed.
 
There was a little tinge of sadness for me,
as I felt the last few days of his 'baby years' slipping away,
but every day with this little chap is always a pleasure,
and I feel so lucky to have both of my 'little B's' with me.
 
 
I made this sweater especially for today
 
 
I have a new post to follow shortly about my recent adventures to the Good Food Show.
 
It was a great day out and John  Torode  was very entertaining.
 
Until next time,enjoy your day.
 

No comments: